NUMBER vs <number>

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:20:53 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On Sunday 06 May 2012 23:17:39 fantasai wrote:

>    - RESOLVED: include sign in NUMBER, PERCENTAGE, DIMENSION tokens
> in 2.1

I think there is an error in the minutes here (And I know I was taking
minutes at that time: Sorry for confusing tokens and types. :-( )

The issue was about whether comments and spaces are allowed after the
sign in property values that are defined as <number>, <length> or
<percentage>, i.e.:

    margin: -22em
vs
    margin: -/*negative*/22em

(It is not about whether signs are allowed; they already are.) css3-
values says that the sign must *immediately* precede the digits, but
CSS 2.1 omits that word. We concluded that 2.1 should be changed.

So the actual edit to CSS 2.1 is easy, I think: just add that word
"immediately" that css3-values already has. It goes into section 4.3.1.

I'm not sure if this counts as a change or a clarification. For now,
I've marked it as a change in the errata[1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-20110607-
errata.html#s.4.3.1

Bert