Re: [css3-align] The Great Alignment Bikeshed

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 03:31:20 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 5/14/12 10:45 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
>wrote:
>> Set 3: Outside/Inside/Items
>>
>>   +--------X----------------Y------
>>  A | justify-outside  align-outside
>>  B | justify-inside   align-inside
>>  C | justify-items    align-items
>
>This is my favorite.

This is my choice as well. Grouping these related properties together with
justify and align coming first makes the most sense to me. I vastly prefer
items, as that conveys to me a group of discrete things to distribute. And
I have a slight preference for inside/outside over self/content. I do not
think 'box' should be used - it's too overloaded as a term. So I think
this should be the easiest set to explain to someone new to the concepts.

Thanks,

Alan