Re: [css3-fonts] truetype collection

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 12:10:45 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
> I can see how this will require appropriate media type for CSS, but once
> that is in place does one need a 'fragment identifier' beyond the name table
> entries?

Which character is permitted as part of entry names in the font name table ?
Are such characters allowed as part of IRI fragment identifiers
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3987.txt)?

> [This comment is based on name tables not being among the shared tables in
> TTCs. I believe this is always the case -- indeed, I am not sure how a TTC
> with a shared name table would work at all --, but it may not be a
> restriction of the spec.]

This sounds too complicated!  Being a non-expert of fonts, I feel intimidated.

I would like to see CSS3 Fonts finished in a timely manner.  Perhaps,
we can wait CSS4 Fonts for TTC?

Regards,
Makoto

Makoto