[CSS21] Width of an absolutely positioned table.

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:44:58 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

I canít find anything in the spec on tables with 'position: absolute'.
In particular, there are two different algorithms that could apply to
determine their width:

10.3.7 Absolutely positioned, non-replaced elements
17.5.2 Table width algorithms: the 'table-layout' property (and
sub-sections)

I think that a reasonable way to resolve the conflict is to take the
used width (the result) from 10.3.7 and pretend it is the computed width
(one of the "input") for the purpose of 17.5.2, and keep *that* used value.

The only problem is that I made it up. Did I miss something in the spec?

Thanks,
--
Simon Sapin