Re: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

On Saturday 2012-05-05 15:02 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Properties can be shipped in unprefixed form once both of the following are true:
> (A) The appropriate standards group (most likely the CSS WG for CSS properties) has agreed to take up the relevant specification as a work item; AND
> (B) At least two independent roughly interoperable (though not necessarily identical in all edge cases) implementations are publicly available.

I think this is largely reasonable, except I'd like an opportunity
to reconsider taking things up as a work item, given its additional
implications.

There are some things where I agreed to let them be work items
despite the opinion that the current spec is harmful, with the hope
(as yet unfulfilled) that they'd be improved while worked on in the
group. [1]

I also think, given the implications, that this would mean that the
group would be rather more conservative about taking things up as a
work item, and would no longer let things go from proposal on the
mailing list to editor's draft in a few days.

-David

[1] Yes, I'm thinking of regions and exclusions.