Re: [css3-animations] animation-reverse: none | all | even | odd

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 05:56:48 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Yes, this does feel much cleaner and simpler.

I disagree, actually.  I think that both "reverse" and "alternate" are
very clear names.  "alternate-reverse" isn't ideal, but it's not bad
either, and I don't know how to say it more cleanly.

> There already is content using
> animation-direction though. And here we get back in part of the prefix controversy
> - 'Prefixes are there to enable this kind of change!'/'We shouldn't go arbitrarily
> change what people are already using without a good reason!' - and as this is one
> of the specs the group wants to unprefix yesterday this co-editor is torn. We should
> talk about this at the f2f next week.

Yes, Animations is no longer in the "we can make aesthetic changes"
stage.  It left that a long time ago, we just didn't finish the spec
before that happened, like we're supposed to.

~TJ