RE: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 13:01:25 +0000
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
CC: Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
"On the other, looking at the latest flexbox spec, it wasn't until the preparations
for last-call that a bunch of naming changes were made."
The same thing happened with Gradient. When such changes occur says little about their
value - given how popular the feature was I would certainly argue that gradients were
already usable enough - and we shouldn't assume the proper naming can only be decided
late in the process. I think naming is something that should stabilize earlier rather
than later and wouldn't mind additional incentives to maximize the odds that it does.