[CSS21] Errata to disallow 'inherit' after comma in 'font-family'

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 15:43:01 -0400
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

   Tab: 2.1 in font-family is less strict than we probably
   ... It potentially allows 'inherit' after comma in font-family.

   Tab: We would like a modification to disallow 'inherit'.

   <David Baron> sounds good to me

   <John> errata only, for now, correct?

   <David Baron> (to disallow inherit anywhere within a
   font-family value)

   <David Baron> inherit keyword, that is

   RESOLUTION: errata 2.1 to disallow 'inherit' after comma in

This test
is still correct. Am I wrong here?

div {font-family: "inherit", serif;} /* still valid */

div {font-family: fooinherit, serif;} /* still valid */

div {font-family: foo, bar inherit, serif;} /* now invalid */

div {font-family: foo, barinheritbox, serif;} /* now invalid */

div {font-family: bar inherit, foo, serif;} /* still valid */

Are those /* comments */ wrt validity correct?

3- I am still unsure here about what was resolved and how it was
discussed. To disallow 'inherit' after comma is one thing; to disallow the
string 'inherit' anywhere in a font-family is another.

Just trying to understand this...

Tab, FYI, I will close the bug report
as soon as I get all this right.

I also want to update