Re: [css3-transitions][css3-animations] should negative 'animation-durtaion' and 'transition-duration' be parse errors

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:21:06 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
> wrote:
>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transitions/#the-transition-duration-property-
>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#the-animation-duration-property-
>>
>> These sections of the specifications say that negative values of
>> transition-duration and animation-duration are treated as '0s'.
>> This is somewhat unusual; normally out-of-range values in CSS are
>> treated as parse errors.  Should we change these to match the normal
>> behavior?
>
> If possible due to compat, yes, we should.

Seems to make sense. Webkit already deviates from the spec here, it seems,
at least in Chromium 17.

As mentioned in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Oct/0471.html>, the
animation shorthand definition would also have to be modified.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA