Re: [css3-animations] Interaction of animation-fill-mode with running/completed animations

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:48:17 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Friday 2012-03-16 21:49 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> The current draft [1] does not say; I assume a. is covered by the snapshot clause [2]:
>
> # The values used for the keyframes and animation properties are snapshotted at
> # the time the animation starts. Changing them during the execution of the animation
> # has no effect.

But see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Apr/0079.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Apr/0352.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Nov/0133.html
where I disagree with this "snapshot" bit and:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Dec/0021.html
where Øyvind Stenhaug replies on the other side.

The biggest reason that I don't like the snapshot idea is that
exposes which changes are considered simultaneous, which is a
concept I'd rather expose as little as possible since making the Web
depend on it reduces future opportunities for optimization.
Honoring dynamic changes means we'll reliably honor changes that are
made right after the change that starts the animation.

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄒   Mozilla                           http://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂