[css3-animations] Interaction of animation-fill-mode with running/completed animations

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:49:41 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Assuming a simple animation such as:

	#menu {
      	animation: slide 2s;
	}

	@keyframes slide-right {
      	from { left: 100px; }
	      to { left: 600px; }
	}

a. What happens if script sets animation-fill-mode on #menu to forwards during the animation?
b. What happens if script sets animation-fill-mode on #menu after the animation has completed?

The current draft [1] does not say; I assume a. is covered by the snapshot clause [2]:

# The values used for the keyframes and animation properties are snapshotted at
# the time the animation starts. Changing them during the execution of the animation
# has no effect.

I would expect b. to have no effect until a new animation is started on #menu.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/
[2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#animations