Re: [css3-images] comments on radial gradients

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:51:19 +0100, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
wrote:

> The MacQuarie Concise Dictionary of Australia.
>
> axis - the central line of any symmetrical .....
> axes - plural of axis

Exactly.

> I myself have used axises (no red underline for spell check as I typed
> that) on this list.

It doesn't get a red underline because it's a correctly spelled word, but
nevertheless it is the wrong word. As I and several other people have
pointed out, "axises" is the plural of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_(genus)

> To uses the spelling found in computer science (which was largely
> American to begin with) is confusing for English speakers in Britain,
> Australia and New Zealand.

It's not specific to computer science.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug