Re: [css3-images] comments on radial gradients

On 16/03/2012 5:24 PM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 15/03/12 23:46, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>
>> Dictionaries vary. "axises" is recognized in at least a few, and a
>> quick google search finds many people (speaking normal English) using
>> the word as I do.
>
> Tab, I have done computer science and maths more than 25 years and never
> saw the word "axises". Not once. Please change it in your doc.
>
> </Daniel>

The MacQuarie Concise Dictionary of Australia.

axis - the central line of any symmetrical .....
axes - plural of axis

I myself have used axises (no red underline for spell check as I typed
that) on this list.

To uses the spelling found in computer science (which was largely
American to begin with) is confusing for English speakers in Britain,
Australia and New Zealand.

My 2 cents...

--
Alan Gresley