Re: [css3-images] aliasing of object-fit/object-position

On Feb 22, 2012 6:18 AM, "Erik Dahlstrom" <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> In sections 5.4 and 5.5:
>
> [[ User agents MAY accept ‘image-fit’ as an alias for ‘object-fit’, as a
previous version of this specification used that name. Authors must not use
‘image-fit’ in their stylesheets. ]]
> [[ User agents MAY accept ‘image-position’ as an alias for
‘object-position’, as a previous version of this specification used that
name. Authors must not use ‘image-position’ in their stylesheets. ]]

> Are there any precedents in any CSS specifications for this kind of
aliasing? It sounds to me like a good way of introducing incompatibilities
between user agents.

CSS3 text also does this for overflow-wrap.
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#overflow-wrap0