RE: [CSS21] [CSS3 Text] Should 'text-transform: uppercase' apply to input type="text" (text entered, typed in text field by user)?

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:45:40 +0000

[Christoph Päper:]

> With 'text-transform' some UAs ignore the code/style distinction already:
> When you copy text that was case-changed through CSS from a browser into a
> plain-text environment, it will often be pasted with the casing displayed in
> the browser instead of the one stored in the source code. I strongly believe
> this is just as wrong as not copying "display: none" parts to the clipboard.

I'm not sure why that would be wrong, especially from the point of view of an
end user. If someone copies/paste something from a web page into their email
client and the case changes they are imo far more likely to be surprised and
consider it a bug than to think 'oh thank God the browser preserved the state
of the markup instead'.