RE: [css3-regions] flow-into and iframes

Most or all differences of IE10 implementation from the spec draft are due to logistics of shipping an implementation before standard is stable. If we were starting development now we would certainly support elements as flow source. Can't comment on when it might change, but not in IE10.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Crowther [mailto:robertc@boogdesign.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:54 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: [css3-regions] flow-into and iframes

The latest IE10 only allows iframe as a data source for flow-into, but the examples in the spec seem to allow any element to be used.  Is IE just lagging behind the spec in this case, or is there a reason for only allowing an iframe?

It seems to me that forcing the content to come from an iframe will pretty much guarantee that regions won't get used in any real websites as it makes it impossible to do any sort of sensible fallback for layout in the same page.  Am I missing something?

Is there a particular minutes and resolutions email I should read for discussion of this?

Rob