[css3-regions] flow-into and iframes

From: Rob Crowther <robertc@boogdesign.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 00:53:41 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
The latest IE10 only allows iframe as a data source for flow-into, but
the examples in the spec seem to allow any element to be used.  Is IE
just lagging behind the spec in this case, or is there a reason for only
allowing an iframe?

It seems to me that forcing the content to come from an iframe will
pretty much guarantee that regions won't get used in any real websites
as it makes it impossible to do any sort of sensible fallback for layout
in the same page.  Am I missing something?

Is there a particular minutes and resolutions email I should read for
discussion of this?

Rob