Re: [css4-ui] Scrollbar tracking control

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Sebastian Zartner
> <sebastianzartner@gmx.de>wrote:

> > How about this:
> >
> > overflow-attachment-x: [normal | left | right] || <length> | inherit;
> >
> > overflow-attachment-y: [normal | top | bottom] || <length> | inherit;
> >
> > with <length> specifying the trap distance to the edge.
> >

> This looks really good to me. Why would you want inherit though?
>
> - E

If you have a scrolling element inside another scrolling panel you might want to inherit the scrolling behavior, so you see e.g. the bottom-most element inside of it. Though I'm not sure if that's a common use case.

Anyway, I'd also suggest a shorthand for the syntax above:

overflow-attachment: [normal | top | bottom] || [normal | left | right] || <length>{1,2} | inherit

Sebastian