Re: [css3-flexbox] min-width & min-height "auto" value -- applies to both axes, or just main axis?

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:45:53 -0700
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 06/12/2012 03:09 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
>  To be clearer / more specific: do we want "min-height:auto" to ever compute to
>  something nonzero on a flex item in a horizontal flexbox?
>
> Min/max 'auto' should have no meaning on cross axis (therefore zero, as you suggest).

Cool - I think I agree with you on that.

> I believe the spec currently defines exactly that.

Nope, it doesn't -- that's why I started this thread.

As noted in my initial post, the spec currently just says that
min-width/min-height:auto gets special treatment "on a flex item". There
is no indication that this special behavior is main-axis-specific.

~Daniel