RE: [css3-flexbox] min-width & min-height "auto" value -- applies to both axes, or just main axis?

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:48:24 +0000
To: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
CC: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
 From: Daniel Holbert [mailto:dholbert@mozilla.com]
 Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:46 PM

 On 06/12/2012 03:09 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
 >  To be clearer / more specific: do we want "min-height:auto" to ever
 > compute to  something nonzero on a flex item in a horizontal flexbox?
 >
 > Min/max 'auto' should have no meaning on cross axis (therefore zero, as you
 suggest).

 Cool - I think I agree with you on that.

 > I believe the spec currently defines exactly that.

 Nope, it doesn't -- that's why I started this thread.

 As noted in my initial post, the spec currently just says that min-width/min-
 height:auto gets special treatment "on a flex item". There is no indication
 that this special behavior is main-axis-specific.

Let's fix it.