[css3-flexbox] min-width & min-height "auto" value -- applies to both axes, or just main axis?

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:40:50 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net>, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Right now, section 4.4 "Implied Minimum Size of Flex Items" on the
flexbox ED says:

   # Name: 	min-width, min-height
   [...]
   # auto
   #   On a flex item, this keyword indicates
   #   a minimum size of the min-content size.
   #   It is intended that this will compute
   #   to the ‘min-content’ keyword [...]
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#min-size-auto

This doesn't make any distinction about the orientation of our flexbox.
(horizontal vs. vertical)

So right now, the spec is calling for all flexbox items to have *both*
their min-width *and* their min-height default to "min-content".

I'd thought we only wanted this magic for the main axis's min-size
property, not for both min-size properties. Maybe I misunderstood though?

Thanks,
~Daniel