[css3-page] Instantiating a margin box

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:38:30 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
In 6.2. Populating margin boxes:

I think it would be unexpected that 'content: none' paints more
(backgrounds, borders) than 'content: normal'. I suggest changing

   # A margin box is instantiated if and only if the computed value of
   # its ‘content’ property does not match that of its initial value.

   | A margin box is instantiated if and only if the computed value of
   | its ‘content’ property is not ‘normal’ or ‘none’.

Also, this section should clarify what "instantiated" means.
Add a paragraph

   | A margin box that is not instantiated does not paint anything.

Finally, should the margins, borders, padding and width/height box
not-instantiated box still take up space for the purpose of Variable
Dimension Computation Rules? I don’t feel strongly either way. If not,
extend the paragraph

   | The used values of its 'margin-top', 'margin-bottom', 'margin-left',
   | 'margin-right', 'border-top-width', 'border-bottom-width',
   | 'border-left-width', 'border-right-width', 'padding-top',
   | 'padding-bottom', 'padding-left', 'padding-right', 'width' and
   | 'height' are all set to zero.

(I’d like to abbreviate this. Is 'margin-*' suitable for spec text?
Shorthands normally don’t have used values. Maybe "box model
properties", with a reference to CSS21:8?)

--
Simon Sapin