Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:07:32 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>  wrote:
>> Though it seems likely that 'fixed' is required here, no?
> The top layer concept is also used by HTML for its<dialog>  element.

This response doesn't seem to match the quoted sentence. ??

>> (You can add a note that the behavior of future values of 'position' is
>> undefined, since we don't know what they will be and whether they'll
>> need to be forced to 'fixed'.)
> I expect we'll just update the specification.

If it's still actively edited at that point, sure.

>> Since it is a pseudo-element, it should specify what properties apply to it.
>> I'm not sure that anything other than the background properties need apply,
>> but the spec should be explicit about what does and does not apply, at least
>> in terms of CSS2.1 properties.
> Clarified.

You also need to state its relationship to other elements in the tree.
Right now its inheritance behavior is undefined.

>> Other comments:
>>   #  *|*:fullscreen {
>>   #      position:fixed;
>>   #      top:0; right:0; bottom:0; left:0;
>>   #      margin:0;
>> Shouldn't that be margin: auto? I'd've assumed you'd want replaced elements
>> centered by default.
> No because width/height are set as well. We should maybe set another
> property for replaced elements. content-fit or some such.

Sorry, what you said doesn't make sense. Don't you want the element
centered if possible, rather than aligned to the top of the screen?