Re: [css-om][css3-conditional] spaces, newlines and rule serialization

From: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:21:32 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 18:58:50 +0200, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM, François REMY
> <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>wrote:
>
>>   FWIW, IE9 on my computer:
>>
>> *[1] CSSStyleDeclaration.cssText - delimiters - one declaration*
>>
>>     "left: 10px;"
>>
>> *[2] CSSStyleDeclaration.cssText - delimiters - two declarations*
>>
>>     “left: 10px; right: 20px;"
>>
>> *[3] Summary *
>> **
>>     IE adds a simple semicolon after the last declaration, but a
>> semicolon
>> and a space to separate two declarations. This is what I personnally do
>> in
>> my inline style declarations.
>>

> Thanks. It looks like IE9 and FF14 match, which gets my vote. Opera and
> Safari need to change if we define the IE/FF final delimiter behavior as
> standard.

As I said, Opera has changed, even though it is not released yet. The new
Opera behavior is the same as IE9 and FF.

On top of that, if you call cssTest on a CSSStyleRule rather than a
CSSStyleDeclaration,
The difference between webkit and the rest disappears, and everybody does
this:
"foo { prop1: value; prop2: value; }"

  - Florian