Re: [css4-images] specifying intrinsic size for images that haven't loaded yet

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> http://www.jwz.org/blog/2012/07/non-bouncy-layouts/ describes a use
> case that we should try to address; specifying an *intrinsic size*
> for images that aren't loaded yet so that pages don't bounce around
> when images load.  This is doable today if you want the images to be
> sized to their intrinsic size, but it's not doable today if you want
> to scale the images but preserve the intrinsic ratio (for example,
> by making them the width of their container).
[snip]
> Would it make sense to have an 'intrinsic-size' property?  (If we
> do, would we want it to override data from the image, or vice
> versa?)

Is there any use-case for providing just an intrinsic width or
intrinsic height, rather than providing the pair?

It seems like my proposal for an aspect-ratio property
<http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b4810> would also solve this use-case,
but more generally, right?

~TJ