Re: [css3-writing-modes] Proposal to unprefix writing mode keywords for width property

On 07/25/2012 03:39 PM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
> Now that both Webkit and Gecko have implementations of min-content, max-content, fill-available and fit-content for width (and
> neither for height), I propose we unprefix the keywords for width.
>
> Note: Gecko unfortunately implemented an older spec as -moz-available instead of -moz-fill-available, so unprefixing should
> also bring both Gecko and Webkit into alignment.
>
> Does anyone have any objections?

Yes. The behavior of 'width' is that of the 'height' property in vertical
writing modes, so until that's also implemented and interoperable, I don't
think it's a good idea to remove the prefixes. In particular, behavior for
'fill-available' has been requested to change in the logical height dimension,
and that's not even specced yet.

Note that while Gecko doesn't implement vertical text, Webkit does.

~fantasai