Re: [css3-speech] “neutral” voice

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:20:42 +0100
Cc: "Jens O. Meiert" <jens@meiert.com>, www-style@w3.org
To: Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>
Note that SSML 1.1 doesn't define "neutral" either:

http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-synthesis11/#edef_voice

I have always interpreted the 'neutral' value as "if possible, pick a voice that doesn't sound male or female in an obvious manner. Note that this may select a more robotic voice, or for example a human-sounding stylised voice".

Daniel