Re: [css3-speech][ISSUE-271] “neutral” voice

From: Andrew Thompson <lordpixel@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 22:37:44 -0700
Cc: Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmx.de>
Apple's NSSpeechSynthesizer defines

"NSVoiceGenderNeuter
A neutral voice (or a novelty voice with a humorous or whimsical quality)."

My experience has been that Neuter or Neutral will usually give a voice that is not obviously of one gender or another, either because it sounds robotic or because as noted above it is a voice which is more humorous than practical.