Re: [css3-flexbox] absolutely positioned flex item should not have side effect on space distribution

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:31:20 -0700
To: John Hax <johnhax@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 07/11/2012 03:34 AM, John Hax wrote:
> Absolutely positioned flex item should not have side effect on space distribution. Since space-* is about distribute spaces
> evenly,
>    A--B--C
> with B absolutely positioned, should be rendered as
>    A--C
> , where B is positioned at the middle of A and C if all 'top'/'bottom'/'right'/'left' are 'auto'。

I've summarized the state of the thread at

It would help if people gave solid arguments in favor of or against
one or the other of the proposals, preferably with understandable
use cases. :)

So far we've had Kang-hao and Brad Kemper weigh in on

   B > A > C

 From implementer's perspective, I suspect it would be more like

   C > B > A

I'm happy to spec anything, I just need people with informed opinions
to inform us so the WG can make an informed decision. :)