Re: Define <br> by CSS means?

Le 22/07/2012 20:58, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :
> Ignoring implementation for a moment, why shouldn't the above
> defitions of br work with inline-blocks?

I think what Andrew has in mind is this:

.foo { display: inline-block }
.foo::after { content: '\A'; white-space: pre }

The generated content is *inside* the inline-block so the line break
will occur in the inner inline formatting context (after foo’s last
child). What is wanted here is to break in the outer context (between
foo and its next sibling.)

::outside::after (from css3-content WD) would work, but it was
apparently removed from the ED. (And the whole module is marked obsolete.)

--
Simon Sapin