[css3-text] Styling of text decoration

From: Lutz Issler <lutz.issler@systemantics.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:33:23 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Reviewing the CSS Text Level 3 Working Draft 19 January 2012, I noticed
that there is no way to style two properties of underlines, overlines
and line-throughs: width and offset.

For instance, creating a 2px underline on a text shifted 1px off it’s
original position is not possible with text-decoration only. To avoid
workarounds employing border-bottom-width and padding-bottom, it would
be good to have text-decoration-width and text-decoration-offset
properties, respectively.

Apologies if there have been proposals for similar properties in the
past. If there haven’t been any proposals so far, I’d love to see this

Lutz Issler

Systemantics GmbH, Willich, Germany, Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 13492
Director: Dr. Lutz Issler, VAT-ID: DE815126198

+49 2154 953793-1
www.systemantics.net / Twitter: @Systemantics_ / @lutzissler