Re: [CSS21] border-collapse with rowspan or colspan

Le 10/07/2012 18:22, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Firefox 13.0.1 renders this correctly, I'd say. The thicker border wins
> over the thin blue border. The A is vertically centered in the rowspanned
> cell.

Agreed on Firefox being correct. The thicker border wins between B and
C, but A’s borders actually have no conflict. Each half of the left
border has its own conflict resolution and can look different.

For positioning the content, the "border width" (in the box model) of
the cell on one side should be half of the max of all borders widths on
that side. (There is only one of these when rowspan=1 and colspan=1)

(The border width is the space between the border edge and the padding
edge. The border edge for collapsed borders is at the "grid line", ie.
the middle of the collapsed borders.)

--
Simon Sapin