Re: [CSS21] border-collapse with rowspan or colspan

Le 10/07/2012 17:09, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> There seems to be a problem with that test. How many columns does (or
> should) that table have? It seems there is 3 columns (from looking at 2nd
> row) but the first row uses only 2 columns.
>
>> WebKit, Gecko and Opera give three different renderings,
> If the table is wrongly/imbalancely designed, then different renderings is
> to be expected.

I think that the table should have three column with the first row being
incomplete. Having incomplete rows is generally not a problem, my point
is not there.

Here is a revised test case:
http://dabblet.com/gist/3084025

Remove the D cell. The table is now nicely filled, properly two-column.
The initial problem remains: three engines give three different results.
I’m interested in the left border of the A cell: what should be drawn
and how should the cell’s content be positioned?

Since A has rowspan=2, the border conflict resolution can give two
different results for the top and bottom half of A’s left border.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that the WG knows that the issue
exists. The problematic case are IMO not something authors would want to
do, so I don’t really care if this is fixed.

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin