Re: [css3-flexbox] miscellaneous comments on Chapter 4. Flex Items

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu
<kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> At this point, I am actually more interested in knowing the 'order' of
> the placeholder instead of saying again and again that I can't get the
> answer from the prose. The truth is, I still don't know.
>
> Can someone tell me what 'order' does the placeholder in the above have?
> Can I safely say it's '0' now?
>
> (Though I'd like to question if that's actually the behavior we want.)

This is currently underdefined, because placeholders are underdefined.
 They'll be properly defined by either Box or Positioned Layout.

The intention is that placeholders gain all the properties of the
element except for 'position' and related properties, so that they can
play the same role in layout as the positioned element would have.

~TJ