Re: [css3-flexbox][css-ALL] Should z-index Just Work on flex items?

(12/07/09 15:24), fantasai wrote:
> The question I have is, going forward, do we want new CSS layout modes
> to let z-index do its job whenever it's non-'auto', without requiring
> 'position: relative'?

While I think this is a good thing to do, I wonder if we can be more
aggressive in this direction. That is, do this for:

1. A multicol element
2. A transformed element (does this already happen?)
3. An element with 'inline-block'

and probably more. Apparently, this needs compatibility research...

Or is there a good reason why we should start with flex items?

Cheers,
Kenny