Re: [css3-values][css-variables] definition of <value>

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 19:56:59 +0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
(12/04/24 4:01), Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Below are the resolutions of the issues you raised in this thread.
>
> Issue 12: cycle() and values that have commas
> Closed as OutOfScope pending WG resolution - we're proposing to punt
> cycle() to the next level so we can address these and other issues
> with cycle() more properly.

Sorry about not spotting this earlier, but isn't toggle() back with the
same issue:

(12/04/06 9:44), Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> 1. can <value> contain ',' ? If yes, how is syntax ambiguity resolved
> within a cycle() ?

with s/cycle/toggle/

The description of toggle() has a note saying

  # Note that because toggled values are separated by commas, they
  # cannot themselves include top-level commas.

Why can't we make this normative? Otherwise, you can just add a
normative statement for UA saying toggle()'s content is parsed by
splitting at commas.

Cheers,
Kenny