Re: CSSStyleDeclaration#length and shorthands.

From: Alexis Menard <alexis.menard@openbossa.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:05:47 -0300
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Alexis Menard
> <alexis.menard@openbossa.org> wrote:
>> I didn't get any answer so I'm starting to wonder why.
>>
>> Did I forgot to prefix the subject or something else?
>
> Sorry, these types of issues hit an annoying area, so it's most likely
> that everyone hoped someone else would answer it.  ^_^

:D, thanks for the answer at least :D.

> The answer, if there is one, is in the CSSOM spec
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/>.  It's likely, however, that this is
> underdefined.  We have editors now working on this (the editor
> currently listed in the spec's credits is no longer in the group).

Yes it is written :

"The length attribute must return the number of declarations in the
collection of CSS declarations."

Not very verbose especially on the case of the shorthands and more
specifically when they have initial or inherit.

But it's nice to discuss it here and improve the specification.

--
Alexis Menard (darktears)
Software Engineer