Re: [css3-flexbox] Computed value and flex-align/flex-item-align.

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:58:43 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
(inserting [css3-flexbox] into subject)

I've got a (probably trivial) followup question on this.

The ED now says that flex-item-align's computed value is as follows:
 > ‘auto’ computes to flexbox's ‘flex-align’; otherwise as specified
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#flex-item-align

What should "auto" compute to for elements that *aren't* inside of a
flexbox? (in which case there is no flexbox to derive the "flexbox's
‘flex-align’" from)

I'm guessing that it'd just compute to "auto", yes?  If so, perhaps the
spec could be changed to clarify this like so:
 > on a flexbox item, ‘auto’ computes to the flexbox's
 >‘flex-align’; otherwise as specified
(just inserting "on a flexbox item" at the beginning)

Thanks,
~Daniel