Re: Color tweaking functions

From: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:56:46 +0200
To: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 25/1/12 14:47, Christoph Päper wrote:
> Lea Verou:
>
> I don’t understand the problem – you just change the first and second parameter respectively.

You are talking about changing the original color definition then. The
entire point of Pete's proposal was to be able to transform colors
*without* modifying the original color. I.e. variables, currentColor,
color keywords etc. Kinda like calc(), but for <color> values.

Speaking of calc(), perhaps that's how this could be implemented. For
example, hue rotation by 60deg:

calc(currentColor + hsl(60, 0%, 0%));

Not sure how intuitive that would be for designers though.

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)