Re: % is not a valid unit for border-width

From: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:13:07 +0000
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
A recent article on "the bane of responsive layouts" - a lack of % for
border-width:
http://designshack.net/articles/css/beating-borders-the-bane-of-responsive-layout/

The solutions are poor - either you use outline and get errors with Firefox
(and poor line placement) or you use box-sizing, but box-sizing can't
degrade gracefully.

We could do with % for border-width.

This inability to gracefully degrade is also why I'd like to see
conditionals. When you change box-model you have to change other values -
but those values have no idea which box-model they're working inside of.