Re: [css3-*] Review of functional syntax in CSS

On 01/19/2012 06:56 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> [...]

We agree the syntax is good. :)

> Also, while you have fresh memories of this broad review, can you comment on two concerns I had with flex():
>
>  1) Are there precedents for functions that are not always applicable where they are defined (such as "width:flex()" when not in flexbox)?

I think the closest thing we have right now is attr() applicable where
it's defined, but the attribute failing to return anything because it's
missing.

>  2) Are there other places where use of a function changes defaults (such as "width:flex(1)" implies "width:0" instead of "width:auto")?

It doesn't actually imply width: 0, does it? I thought it implies
that the preferred width argument of the flex() function is 0.
That's not the same thing.

~fantasai