Re: Fixing uppercase transformations for Greek text

On 01/17/2012 01:13 AM, Panos Astithas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a while ago there has been some brief discussion about the problem with text-transform:uppercase; and font-variant:small-caps;
> and the Greek language:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011May/0602.html
>
> I was informed that this is an open issue in the current spec, but I can't tell whether this has been resolved already and if
> so, what has that resolution been:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#text-transform
> [...]
> My question to the group is whether this corrected behavior should be mandated by the spec (which would definitely delight all
> Greek-speaking web users) and if not, whether this implementation is in accordance to the current phrasing of the spec.

The corrected behavior is allowed by the spec, but since it isn't
defined in Unicode's tables, it's not required. I'm happy to add
examples to the spec, though. :)

Btw, have you seen
   http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/archive/2006/08/18/706383.aspx ?

I also remember reading that one particular word retains its accent;
I can't find the page that explained this, IIRC it was a single-letter
word...

~fantasai