Re: @import -- allow at any place in stylesheet.

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:00:06 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com" <mtanalin@yandex.ru>, www-style@w3.org
2012/1/17 Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> 2012/1/17 Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com <mtanalin@yandex.ru>:
>> It's wrong and harmful to try think for web-developers and invent artificial unusable limitations as a result. Web-developers themselves are capable to decide how to use syntax. Imports/includes in PHP, SSI, etc., are possible at any place, and this is not an issue there.
>
> Incorrect.  We must always guard against making the language too
> complicated when the reward is just better behavior in an edge case.

Why is this “making the language more complicated” or an “edge case”.
I still remember the large amount of time I spent recently debugging
and wondering why my style sheet didn’t work until I remembered this
bizarre rule.

I would say the current behaviour, not the proposed revision, is the
rule that is making the CSS language “more complicated”.

--
cheers,
-ambrose