RE: @import -- allow at any place in stylesheet.

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:50:27 +0100
To: Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
That the limitation is artificial or not depends of the user agent, nobody can check them all. However, that a change is required is true for all of them. Asking everybody to make that change must involve more than a "It's more beautiful" or a "It makes me able to do something using more than one way, which allow me to choose the one I find more convenient".

You completely underestimate the work that such a change in the spec can cause.

BTW, no, I don't have any decision power. I just said that it would resolve to won't fix because nobody from the group agreed to support your proposal so it won't even make a way to the working group formal decision process. Or, if it does, you can trust me, it will be resolved won't fix.  Not that it is a bad idea (it is not) but that we have more important issues to solve.

As I don't have any other comment to make about this thread, I will not send replies to it anymore.

François