Re: [css3-writing-modes] A report from a meeting w/Japanese publishing group

From: koba <koba@antenna.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:28:46 +0900
To: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Cc: Brady Duga <duga@ljug.com>, MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

> The Writing Modes module defines two things:
>
> 1.    The default orientation of each code point
>
> 2.    How authors can change its default orientation by applying styles
>
> We're trying to solve 2nd issue in CSS Writing Modes, and 1st issue in Unicode.

Glyph orienatation of ascii chars  and glyph orientation of punctuatons
and symbols is different issue.

1)  As for and glyph orientation of punctuatons and symbols, I agree it
is a big issue. And I agree to define the standard behavior.

2)  Af for glyph orientation of ascii chars:

U for Text-orientation: upright
S for Text-orientatio: upright-right

It is already defined in CSS3 writing mode, definition in TR#50 is
duplicated.

Regards,

Tokushige Kobayashi
--