Re: Forums

From: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 10:15:24 +0000
Cc: "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Designers use email, of course. But they tend to use it for 1:1 conversation, it quickly falls apart when it becomes larger than that. As soon as a design agency deals with a group, communication shifts from email to products like BaseCamp. Which is accessible online, with threads and such, and deals with multiple clients having multiple conversations - but which also notifies conversation participants of all new messages through email. We could do with a BaseCamp type experience.

I am not going to re-enumerate the benefits of such a thing or the drawbacks of the current model, they've been expressed quite clearly by a number of people. Please look back for quite comprehensive points on the pro's and con's of each.