Re: [css3-2d-transforms] New WIP CSS 2D Transforms tests

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> wrote:

> For some reason, the .client* and .offset* properties do *not* reflect
> the transformed box, but rather the untransformed one . . .

Given transforms are a purely paint-time effect, and have no effect on
layout, it's not surprising to have APIs exposing layout results to not
include the effect of transforms. At least in Gecko, not including the
effects of transforms is the default and one has to write code to
explicitly include the effects of transforms where desired. Maybe from the
author's point of view it would be more consistent to have client* and
offset* include transform effects, but those APIs are so horrible and
broken that I think we should touch them as little as possible.

Anne says he's no longer editing it.  I guess I could, if people
> wanted.  Does this belong in CSSOM View or CSS 2D Transforms, though?

I think it belongs in CSSOM View. It would be unfortunate to have to figure
out the behavior of getBoundingClientRect by collecting fragments from many
specs.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us