Re: Forums

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:01:55 -0800
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2012, at 10:34 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>> Note: the header only shows up if the *list* sent you an email.  If it
>> was sent directly to you (because you were in the To or CC lists), you
>> won't see the header and have to go archive diving.
>
> It would only show up on a forum (and therefore have a URL) if you posted it on the forum, as well. :-)

You missed my point.  If the email was sent to the list, but *also*
directly to you (like this very email I'm typing, which is being sent
to you and cc'd to the list), you won't get an Archived-At header,
because the list will recognize that you already received the email
directly and skips sending you a duplicate.

You can verify this when you receive this email.