Re: Forums

On Jan 6, 2012, at 10:34 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 5, 2012, at 10:31 , Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>>
>>> Another example of email-list problem : I want to share the discussion
>>> publicly on Twitter. Nowhere im my mail client is there a URL I can
>>> copy and paste to share the discussion.
>>
>> um, that's a failure of your client.  Archived-at is a header in all the emails.
>>
>> <http://www.w3.org/mid/CAMCRKi+uMMCghEdFBS81+4_9QYYrh5sFK9w3U8+YgKvCN9E71Q@mail.gmail.com>
>
> Note: the header only shows up if the *list* sent you an email.  If it
> was sent directly to you (because you were in the To or CC lists), you
> won't see the header and have to go archive diving.

It would only show up on a forum (and therefore have a URL) if you posted it on the forum, as well. :-)

Personally, I think email works fine;  I can batch up reading, read offline, flag important material, forward emails to colleagues for input.  The threading fails very rarely, honestly.

David Singer