Re: [css3-flexbox] remove flex() function

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>wrote:

> [...]

I think others have responded to these issues and I don't have more to add.

>  and biggest issue for me that it if applied to ‘width’ and ‘height’ it is
> always valid and must make sense when not in flexbox.

I don't see a problem with just having the flex(1 0 10px) == 10px when not
in a flexbox. It doesn't seem weird to me.

> And it is just not the way it is done elsewhere in CSS, and the concept
> doesn’t seem unique enough to justify a unique solution.****

Are there other things that set width/height in CSS using different
properties?

Also, I think it probably makes sense to change grid to use flex() instead
of fr so that it can accomodate negative flexing, but that's a separate
discussion.